Primarily design logos, web graphics, and app/website mockups in Bohemian Sketch, Photoshop, and some Illustrator. Layout web pages with CSS, HTML, Sublime, Bootstrap, Foundation, Materialize, and jQuery. Some sites using Dreamweaver. Interactive mockups with Sketch and InVision. Develop sites on Nitrous.io platform, with deployment to Heroku, and versioning on Git.In past year started developing dynamic, data driven sites using Ruby on Rails. Self taught in Rails and currently at at lower intermediate level, filling in gaps with help of code mentoring sites.
Example pitch deck and interactive mockup demos available on request
- Street Crunch
- Web site to offer web production, video production, and digital marketing to small businesses and startups.
- Movie Skits
- Recent focus was on seeking angel investments for Movie Skits, a startup to build a web site and apps to allow people to recreate Hollywood movie scenes with smartphones or tablets. Produced business model canvas and studied lean startup techniques. Designed site mockups, splash page web site, pitch deck, mock app prototype in JQuery Mobile, detailed app design mockups/dspecs for subcontractor bids. (Can share PDF samples of the pitch deck, app mockup designs and JQuery Mobile prototype on request). Applied to incubators such as Techstars Boston and NY, Angelpad in SF, and Masschallenge. Ran ongoing IOS development technical cofounder search.
View Pitch Deck
- Twader Tweets
- Twadertweets.com helps traders to use Twitter as a trading tool, providing a convenient web interface to curated Twitter content. Recently redesigned with the help of Twitter Bootstrap 3.0 Framework to make the site responsive.
- Green Beantown
- A site focusing on green issues and sustainability developments in the Boston area. Recently an inactive site but a redesign is in the works that includes making it more easily maintainable.
- Picnic Area
- A site revolving around picnicking, with links to resources to shop for and plan your picnic. Generating income from Adsense and affiliate programs. Redesign and new focus in progress.
- World's Fare
- 1997–2003, Concord, MA. Operated own online retail gourmet store selling regional delicacies and culinary tools from around the world. Offered thousands of products. Processed thousands of online orders. Managed/performed a wide range of tasks including web production, product sourcing/buying, web promotion/marketing, business alliance/partnership development, order processing/fulfillment, and general management/administration. Built auxiliary retail pack-and-ship business as UPS authorized shipping outlet. Developed a Boston area restaurant directory web site.
- Total Immersion
- Web Designer/Video Producer. 1992–2000. NY, NY and Concord, MA. Operated my own corporate video and web production company. Also worked as freelance contractor. Designed, produced, and maintained web sites for companies such as: Community Woodworking Club Inc.; Officeware; Bentley College; Monster.com; International Communications; Pittiglio, Rabin, Todd, & McGrath (PRTM); Center Media; Teloquent; My-Place-By-The-Sea. Company’s earlier emphasis was on video. See below in Video section for more information.
- Avni Fashion
- Videotaped, edited, and published this web video segment for Green Beantown
- Boston Building
- Videotaped, edited, and published this web video segment for Green Beantown
- Promethean Power
- Videotaped, edited, and published this web video segment about Promethean Power Systems for Green Beantown
- Benjamin Moore Paints
- My submission for the Benjamin Moore Paints “Big Transformations on a Small Person’s Budget” campaign was chosen as one of the seven winners.
- Total Immersion
1992–2000. NY, NY and Concord, MA. Operated my own corporate video and web production company. Also worked as freelance contractor.
Company's earlier emphasis was on video production. Produced corporate training and marketing videos for: ISS International Service Systems; Morgan & Finnegan; New World B & B; ATS Etrali; Knight-Ridder; among others. Did various meeting and legal taping/editing work. Worked with Hi8, BetaSP, Video Toaster, Lightwave 3D, Adobe Premiere with Video Perception card. Took many workshops at Film Video Arts in NYC, 1992 and took video based courses. Produced and published Video Guide to Vermont Inns, 1993.
- National Court Reporter Association (NCRA), 1995. Attained the Certified Legal Video Specialist (CLVS) designation.
- Knight-Ridder Financial
International Sales Consultant, 1989–1991, Zurich Switzerland. Sold real time financial news and price information services to financial institutions in a territory covering the Swiss German speaking section of Switzerland. Closed an innovative, country-wide data feed deal with Swiss Bank. Achieved well over 100% of sales quotas.
Knight-Ridder Market Manager, Corporate Bond/Equity Content, 1989, NY, NY. Researched, developed, and implemented strategic marketing plan to strengthen the corporate debt and equity components of the MoneyCenter and TradeCenter real time financial information services. Worked to expand fixed income analytics and corporate bond database content on MoneyCenter via third-party agreements and new product introductions.
- Metropolitan Securities
Metropolitan Securities, Option Arbitrage Trader, 1986–1987, NY, NY. Used trading systems at one of earlier hedge funds to perform stock & index option arbitrage. Primarily involved naked put selling, reversals, conversions, and program trading.
- E.F. Hutton, Inc.
Institutional Order Clerk (NYSE & AMEX), Principal Trainee, 1983–1985. NY, NY. Between order clerk job on the New York Stock Exchange and American Stock Exchange, completed eight different three to twelve week rotational assignments in key areas of the firm including corporate and public finance, as well as equity, fixed income, and commodity trading. Final placement as Public Finance Associate, NY, NY.
- CFA Candidate
In 2008 Passed Level 1 out of 3 of the intensive CFA exam on first attempt. Plan to continue CFA studies depending on a relavant position.
- Personal Trading
Active personal trader and investor in stocks, options, and futures ongoing over the past years.
- MTA Poster Ad
One of five to win Tongal's concept phase with my "If you worked here, you'd be at work by now." submission for this train poster concept for the MTA Metro North(NY/CTs area) in-train signage campaign.
- Mad River Magazine
Waitsfield, VT Did photography for and wrote several articles for first inaugural issue of this startup magazine including: “Stocking the Mad River: A Fish Story”, “Green Inns of the Mad River Valley”, and “Lawson’s Finest: A Brewery Tour” plus others. Did article layout in InDesign. Prepared sales and marketing campaign consisting of direct mail piece and follow up calls that lead to multiple ad placements.Samples Coming Soon)
- Meadowcloud Design
Photo researched and designed pages for two elementary school books, “Cells” and “Elements” using InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Illustrated several diagrams.View Cells Project View Elements Project
I started painting and doing sculpture mostly full time in 2004. I painted a wide variety of subjects, mostly using oils and often experimenting with new techniques, with many of my later works leaning toward semi-abstract. Before 2004 I only enjoyed art as a hobby while I pursued a business career. In 2010 I returned to web design, videography and entrepreneurial ventures.
GalleriesPaintings for sale at Parade Gallery, located in Warren, Vermont. Summer, 2007 to Present.
ExhibitionsSolo Exhibition in lobby of Friends of the Performing Arts Concord, 51 Walden Street October 15–December 31, 2006 See Exhibit
I approached the theater to put on this exhibit and it was approved by the board after they reviewed slides of my work. This was the first time the theater had ever put up an art display in their lobby and it has been an ongoing, successful fund raiser for them ever since.
AwardsOctober Colors won Honorable Mention in “The Colors of Fall” Autumn Open Juried Exhibition. Creative Arts Center, Chatham.September 10-October 5, 2006
MembershipsLifetime Member - The Art Students League of New York, NY
- Looking In, Looking Out oil on canvas, 36" x 36"
- 9th Annual Frances N. Roddy Open Competition, Concord Art Association, Sept/Oct 2008
- Home Invasion, oil on canvas, 36" x 48
- 7th Annual Frances N. Roddy Open Competition, Concord Art Association, Sept/Oct 2006. Show curated by Howard Yezerski, Howard Yezerski Gallery, Boston, MA
- On Water’s Edge, oil on canvas, 30" x 40"
- Autumn Open Juried Exhibition, Cape Cod Art Association, Sept/Oct 2006
- October Colors, oil on board, 16" x 20
- “The Colors of Fall” Autumn Open Juried Exhibition, Cape Cod Creative Arts Center, Sept/Oct 2006
- Colors of Pietrasanta oil on panel, 9" x 12"
- 2006 Annual Members Fall Juried Show, Newburyport Art Association, Sept/Oct 2006
- Cat Tails oil on canvas, 30" x 40
- Members Juried I, Concord Art Association, Jan/Feb 2007
- Belted Gathering, oil on canvas, 30” x 40”
- Members Winter Show, Southern Vermont Art Center, Feb 2010
Fine Art Studies
- Anatomy, Drawing
- Eric Alberts, The Art Students League of NY (2005)
- Drawing Workshop
- George Cannata, The Art Students League of NY (2005)
- Portrait Drawing with Color (Pastel)
- Cyrus Whittier , DeCordova Museum (2005)
- Drawing For Painting
- Eva Brozgul, Cambridge Center For Adult Education (2004)
- Drawing Nature With Pen and Ink Workshop
- Carol Ann Morley, Tower Hill (2003)
- Randy LeSage, Worcester Art Museum (2003)
History of Modern Art Since 1945: Grace Consoli, Massachusetts College of Art (2004) Art History: Institute For European Studies, Vienna, Austria (1981)
- Stern MBA Program
1983–1985, NY, NY.
Attended the graduate MBA program NYU's Stern School of Business to take advanced MBA finance courses as part of my EF Hutton training. Completed approximately one half of MBA.
- Boston College
1978–1982, Chestnut Hill, MA
BS in Finance. Cum Laude. School of Management Honors Program. Spring 1981 Semester Abroad Program, Institute For European Studies, Vienna, Austria.